Our area Youth Soccer club is in need of intelligent and hard-working volunteer referees who are willing to receive training, learn the laws of the game, and engage with our club as a referee. This is an excellent opportunity providing great experience and discipline, practicing and modeling teamwork and other good behaviors to young players. It looks very good on a resume or as a reference. Soccer experience is not required but would be a bonus.
Candidates would be expected to:
- Work most of the Saturdays (usually mornings) of our Spring 2023 game schedule, Saturdays from April 15 for six weeks through May 20, as scheduled by our Referee Administrator.
- Register as a volunteer referee on our portal / website, and receive a background check at the club’s expense.
- Work through the required online training prior to in-person referee training.
- Attend (free) in-person referee training on either March 4 in Coldwater or March 18 in Albion. There is an examination at the end of the course.
- Accept coaching from our Regional Referee Administrator and senior referees.
Please email email@example.com if you would be interested in pursuing a referee position or have any questions.
Jim Stuart, Regional Commissioner, Coach Administrator, and 6U Division Leader
AYSO 1625 Albion-Marshall-Springport-Homer-Concord